Punchings Of A Closed Fist

Monday, August 21, 2006

Drinking

I throw my head back, feeling the burn that goes with the territory of drinking large amounts of whisky in a single span of drinking. Frat boys and idiots try drinking this way, and usually end up vomiting most of what they take in. the times when that happens, it makes a man want to cry, what with all that whisky going to waste.

I put the bottle down. The warmth spreads from my belly out into my arms, legs, fingers, toes. Heh. Head, shoulders, knees, and toes (knees and toes.).

Sweat drips off the bridge of my nose, spatters on the toe of my shoe. I follow the path it took with my eyes and it takes me a second to realize why I’m sweating.

I shrug my shoulders and pass the bottle from hand to hand as my jacket hits the ground behind me.



z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home